Copying and pasting text
- Highlight the text that you would like to copy. To select all the text, hold down ‘Command’ and press ‘A’ once.
- To copy the text, hold down ‘Command’ and press ‘C’ once.
- Click in the place that you’d like to paste to the text, and hold down ‘Command’ and press ‘V’once.
Other useful shortcuts
- To save your latest changes when writing a document, hold down ‘Command’ and press ‘S’ once.
- To view all the applications (ie. programs) that you currently have open, swipe upwards on the trackerpad with 3 fingers. Click on the window that you would like to view.
- To quit an application that you have open, right click on the icon in the task bar, and then click ‘Quit’. It is a good idea to do this when you have finished using an application, or if the application is playing up.
- To switch between different programs that you have open, swipe upwards on the tracker pad with three fingers. A preview of each of the programs that you have open will be displayed. Click on any program (preview window) to bring it forward to the front of the screen.
- To bring up ‘Spotlight Search’ so that you can search for anything on your computer, hold down ‘Command’ and press the space bar once. Type in your search term and then double click on the relevant search result.